Can a lady I worked for file or seek residency for me to live in the United States? 5 Answers as of January 25, 2011

A lady I worked for in 2006 taking care of her husband, now wants me to come and take care of her.( husband died) . She has no one else that she trusts and we have been communicating and sending gifts to each other from 2006. Can she file/seek residency for me to live and work in the states.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Absolutely but it will be many years before you will actually get your residency and be able to come. If you are interested in exploring the process, timing and fees, contact me directly at the email or phone number below and schedule a consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/25/2011
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson
Law Office of Michael E. Hendrickson | Michael E. Hendrickson
No, only a close family member who is at least a green card holder could petition you.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 1/24/2011
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law | William C. Gosnell
Yes, she can seek residency for you.
Answer Applies to: Tennessee
Replied: 1/24/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
Yes, she can. She can seek work visa for you. You are welcome to contact us for professional help. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/21/2011
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
Under the law, she is not able to seek Legal Permanent Residency for you. LPR is gained through proper applications either through employment and family petitions. There is, however, a process by which she may apply for a non-immigrant visa for you, if you meet the requirements. You may be able to apply for an H2-b visa if you can show that you meet the requirements. Please see an Immigration attorney for further advice.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 1/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: