Can l file for full custody of my son even though the dad is currently in prison? 3 Answers as of November 16, 2016

I'm in California and my son's dad is currently locked up in prison for child trafficking of a 14 year old girl. It was all over the news. And he was found with drugs. He will now be registered as a sex offender for life once released. I don't want him to get out and have my son around that lifestyle so I want to gain full custody of my son while he is locked up and if he wants to see him it be supervised. Is it possible to get legal full custody of my son while he is locked up?

Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro
Law Offices of Gerard A Fierro | Gerard A Fierro
Yes. You can seek full legal and physical custody. You would have to serve the father the court documents in the prison. There is a process to accomplish service through the prison system.
WARREN LAW GROUP PC | RANDY WARREN
Yes, you state valid grounds for the custody order.
Under the factual circumstances that you described, it would be totally justified to get sole legal and physical custody of the minor child.