Can a known violent felon own a firearm? 6 Answers as of February 01, 2016

I was convected of a felony DUI in 2007. How can I get my rights to own a gun, travel outside the U.S., vote, etc.?

No as to the firearm. I don't suppose you lose your eligibility for a passport.
Chambers Law Firm
Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
You would need to pursue a certificate of rehabilitation, which is the first step toward a pardon.
Very, very unlikely. Your drivers record cannot be expunged. Confer with a lawyer and provide all the details.
Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
The answer is simple. Federal and state law says no. You can never own or be in possession of a firearm. Additionally, and you may want to check this in your state to be sure but you can not live in a residence where another resident owns/possesses a firearm. You should not ride in a car with someone else who has a gun. Good luck.
You are a convicted felon. Gun rights are gone. You are free to travel outside of the country. There will need to be a federal amendment to allow you to vote. Were you interested in voting when you were drinking? Just curious.