Can a known violent felon own a firearm? 6 Answers as of February 01, 2016

I was convected of a felony DUI in 2007. How can I get my rights to own a gun, travel outside the U.S., vote, etc.?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
No as to the firearm. I don't suppose you lose your eligibility for a passport.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 2/1/2016
Chambers Law Firm
Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
You would need to pursue a certificate of rehabilitation, which is the first step toward a pardon.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/1/2016
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
Very, very unlikely. Your drivers record cannot be expunged. Confer with a lawyer and provide all the details.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/1/2016
Walpole Law | Robert J. Walpole
The answer is simple. Federal and state law says no. You can never own or be in possession of a firearm. Additionally, and you may want to check this in your state to be sure but you can not live in a residence where another resident owns/possesses a firearm. You should not ride in a car with someone else who has a gun. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
Replied: 2/1/2016
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You are a convicted felon. Gun rights are gone. You are free to travel outside of the country. There will need to be a federal amendment to allow you to vote. Were you interested in voting when you were drinking? Just curious.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 2/1/2016
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!