Can a juvenile probation officer enter a home without permission in Pennsylvani? 1 Answers as of February 09, 2011

Can a juvenile probation officer of a minor enter the home of the parent/guardian (homeowner) without permission, or when the homeowners are not home in the state of Pennsylvania?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
LT Pepper Law
LT Pepper Law | Luke T. Pepper
Anyone on probation is technically still in custody of the court. A juvenile probation officer is required to make on site visits. The officer can enter the home and make spot checks to make sure the person on probation is complying with the terms of the probation. It depends on the conditions of the parolee and what crime the minor was adjudicated delinquent for committing but if there is some sense the terms of parole are not being met, it would be difficult to argue that the officer did not have permission.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 2/9/2011
Click to View More Answers: