Can a judges sentencing be reduced? 7 Answers as of February 24, 2013

Probation violation (had 5 years probation) received a DUI, on suspended license and had only 2 other violations in 6-7 years.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law office of Robert D. Scott | Robert Scott
It's up to the judge.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 2/24/2013
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
The actual sentence can be modified as to the length of the probation, the terms of the probation, or the location of the probation.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 2/20/2013
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Yes if the judge agrees to a reduction.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/19/2013
Rizio & Nelson
Rizio & Nelson | John W. Bussman
Need a lot more info to answer that. Not clear why you were on probation, what the violation was for, what the sentence was or why you feel it should be reduced. If you've violated 2-3 times, then the judge will start to lose patience with you at some point. Remember, probation IS a second chance. If you've violated probation 3 times, then you are now on your 4th chance. Get a good lawyer.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/19/2013
Austin Legal Services, PLC
Austin Legal Services, PLC | Jared Austin
If you feel that a judge's sentence is unfair, you can appeal and the appellate court may decide to take your case and could theoretically reduce your sentence.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/19/2013
Click to View More Answers: