Can the judge grant him placement without me being there ? 1 Answers as of September 29, 2015

My daughter’s father is currently keeping her away from me. I don't know how she is doing. I can’t even call and talk to her. They had told me that the judge had granted him placement of our daughter.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
John Russo | John Russo
Yes, if there was an emergency Ex Parte order granted, but you would be afforded a hearing within 20 days of the order, or if you were served with notice on a complaint and failed to appear, or if there had already been a hearing, and the matter was continued to another date and you failed to appear. But under any of the above the court would have to be confident that you were procedural noticed, either in hand, or through alternative service, tack on, advertising, etc.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 9/29/2015
Click to View More Answers: