Can a judge force someone to move to another state to carry out his probation? 1 Answers as of August 10, 2011

Person charged with possession of 41lbs of marijuana in hudspeth Texas. Judge sentenced individual with a $4000. fine and 7 yrs. Probation. Person is a resident of Florida. Can the Judge force this person to move to Texas to carry out his probation?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
Absolutely. The judge is not required to allow the probation, if he gets it, to be transferred. And, if the person doesn't like it, then he can take a prison sentence instead.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/10/2011
Click to View More Answers: