Can it impact immigration if my wife's married name is on her passport but not her immigration application? 2 Answers as of June 21, 2011

I am US Citizen. I recently file for I-130 for my wife. In the application I used only her first name and last name. But in her passport my last name was also added which was not mentioned when applying I-130. So far I haven't submitted copy of her passport. I am bit concerned about this. At present it is still under review. Will this affect my application? If yes what is the next step that I should take to remove complication?

It is not that big a deal since you can always show that it is the same person that is married to you and the beneficiary of your I-130 application. If you are very concerned about it, you can always submit an amendment to your initial application once you receive the I-797 Notice or the receipt for the I-130 you filed, showing all the other names that she has used. Push comes to shove, the marriage certificate can always be produced to settle the issue. In the future try to stay "semper fidelis" to names and dates and numbers in a government form or application. Good luck!
It shouldnt cause problems when you explain to the officer.