Can immigration deny my marriage because of a large age gap? 10 Answers as of July 26, 2011

I am getting married to a man 20 years younger than me . We have been living together for 2 years. Will they deny us?

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
The USCIS looks at the totaling of evidence. The USCIS is interested in whether the marriage is in good faith. If you have been living together, you should have substantial evidence.
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
Age difference is only one factor to consider. They look at the whole picture of each case.
CIS will not deny a petition solely because of age difference. If it is a real marriage, go for it.
Kevin Bluitt, Attorney at Law
Kevin Bluitt, Attorney at Law | Kevin Bluitt
An age gap alone will not cause your petition to be denied. However, because of the age gap USCIS will closely scrutinize your marriage. It may be a factor in the denial. You must prove to USCIS that your marriage is "bona fide," that is to say "real." Many people have marriages that are bona fide despite a large age gap. Just as long as you can show you live together as husband and wife and that the marriage was not entered into simply to gain a green card, you should be okay.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
The age difference might make them suspicious but it is not grounds for denial per se.
    The Law Offices Jonathan D Montag
    The Law Offices Jonathan D Montag | Jonathan D Montag
    Generally speaking: USCIS conducts interviews to determine if a marriage is bona fide. The officer talks with the couple and reviews documents they should bring to show that the marriage is for real. Marrying a younger man does not disqualify a marriage, but you should be prepared to prove with documentation that your intention is to spend the future toghether. I cannot schedule an appointment through email. Please call me to schedule an appointment.
    Idiart Law Group
    Idiart Law Group | Justin Idiart
    No, you will not be denied based on the age difference. You just have to be able to prove that you have a real, good faith marriage.
    Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
    Case will not be necessarily denied. You need to focus on obtaining all the evidence necessary to prove up a bona fide marriage.
    The Service Officer will take into account the age difference, but you can overcome that by providing other strong evidence of the bona fides of your marriage, specifically cohabitation and co-mingling of funds.
    They might unless you prove otherwise that your marriage is in good faith. You should work with a lawyer on this petition, which is far more than filling out a form. The lawyer will help you to satisfy your burden to prove that your marriage is bona fides from immigration perspective. Remember even if you have a marriage certificate, you would still be denied if you don't do a good job.