Can I work as a caregiver with a criminal record? 7 Answers as of June 14, 2011

Can I still work as a care giver or even in the medical field with my misdemeanor charge?

Lowenstein Law Office
Lowenstein Law Office | Anthony Lowenstein
Probably not. To get an expungement, for more information, please see my website or call me for a legal consultation.
Law Office of Andrew Subin
Law Office of Andrew Subin | Andrew Subin
It depends on the employer, but my guess would be yes.
In many situations, a criminal record will be a roadblock to employment in the caregiver field. It will depend on the conviction and the employer. In licensed professions, you should check with the licensing requirements. I hope that this was helpful.
Depending on the nature of your conviction, your odds of employment vary. However, I am not aware of any misdemeanor that would work to keep you from working in the field. Stay well.
Frances R. Johnson
Frances R. Johnson | Frances R. Johnson
This is not an expungement question. I'm sorry but you'll have to contact an attorney, preferably one with experience representing licensed professionals for an answer to your question.
    Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
    Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
    You can probably work in the medical field as a care giver with most misdemeanor offenses on your record but whether someone would employ you with a criminal record is another question. If you were trying to get a position such as a home health care giver and had a theft case, then it would probably be difficult to gain employment. If you were trying to get a position that deal with the administration of drugs and you had a drug case, then it would probably be difficult. If the position that you are seeking is licensed (such as a RN), then you would have to be approved by the medical board. You could contract any licensing agency directly to ask them if you particular offense would prohibit employment in that field.