Can I withhold child support until I receive proof of health? Posted on August 29, 2010

My son and his mother live in another state. I have never met my son and essentially never speak with the mother. I pay child support and have never been late on my payments. At this point, I do not even know if my son is alive, seeing that I have never met him. Can I withhold child support payments until I meet my son or am given some sort of proof of his health? Even a dated photo would be good to satisfy me to continue to pay.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: