Can I waive my deportation? 2 Answers as of July 11, 2013

Hi. I came to us in 2006 as a j-1. Than I start to do asylum. In March of 2011 the BOI court dismiss my case and the CIA officers came and get me. After 2 weeks I get deported to my home country Ukraine. I did not have any violence in us. And I have boyfriend in us who is a green card holder. In 1 year he can get citizen. If we will get marry and he will get citizenship does it possible to get wave of deportation? And what the percentage that I can waive deportation?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Baughman & Wang
Baughman & Wang | Justin X. Wang
Once departed, you are barred from entering the US for 5 years. There are limited waivers but you must consult with an immigration lawyer for advise. If you marry your Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) boyfriend, he can file the visa petition. It may take 3-4 years for priority date to become current. If he becomes US citizen, you do not have to wait for the priority but you are still subject to the 5 year bar.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/5/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
What you are facing is years of immigration bar, depending on the ground you are deported. There is no easy answer.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/11/2013
Click to View More Answers: