Can I vote in California and own a firearm if I had a felony expunged? 4 Answers as of November 29, 2010

I have an expunged non-violent felony. I did a few months in county jail about 10 years ago can I vote and own a firearm in California?

You can vote as long as you are not in prison or on parole; however, you cannot own a firearm even with an expunged conviction unless you receive a certificate of rehabilitation and a governors pardon.
Law Office of William M. Concidine
Law Office of William M. Concidine | William Concidine
Generally, an expungement will not restore the right to possess firearms, but a reduction of the offense to a misdemeanor may. As for the right to vote, you do not need an expungement and receive the right to vote again once your probation or parole is over.
A felony conviction bars you from ever owning or possessing a firearm or ammunition. Expungement does not change that. If found in possession, you could be charged and convicted of both federal and state felonies, with mandatory prison time.
Alanna D. Coopersmith, Attorney at Law
Alanna D. Coopersmith, Attorney at Law | Alanna D. Coopersmith
You can vote. In terms of firearm ownership, I would need to know more about your prior conviction.