Can I visit the USA after being deported with just a passport? 8 Answers as of January 17, 2011

Can I visit the USA after being deported with just a passport?

Depending upon when you were deported you must reapply for admission through USCIS. Also, depending on what country you are from you may also need a visa. If youd like help with your application for admission after a deportation call my office to set up a consultation. We do charge for a consultation but the cost will be applied as a credit if you decide to hire us for your case. Hope to speak with you soon.
Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC
Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC | Kirk A. Carter
No. If you have been deported you are likely barred from returning to the US for a minimum period of 5 years and perhaps longer depending upon the circumstances under which you were deported and when you were deported. You may also be subject to a 10 year bar for having been unlawfully present in the US. Even if you have satisfied any necessary bar periods, you would still require a visa to re-enter the US, even if you are from a visa waiver country because you have been previously deported from the US.
No you cannot visa the U.S. without a visa since you were deported. Aliens you have violated their immigration status cannot travel to the U.S. on the Visa Waiver Program. They must obtain a visa.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
You will have to request a waiver along with your non-immigrant visa application. There is no guarantee, however, that it will be approved. Much depends on why you were deported and the ban imposed.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
You need to get the permission from the US consulate. Depending on why you were deported and your intention in returning to the US, the consulate will let you know what they need from you.
    Calderón Seguin PLC
    Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
    No. No you will need a visa, of course, and probably at least one waiver depending on how you are entering the U.S. and for what reason. Generally speaking, a prior order of deportation requires an I-212 application for permission to apply for admission after deportation and for most people, there is also an additional waiver required for the unlawful presence they accrued prior to the order of deportation.
    Your question makes no sense. How could you enter the United States (legally) if you've just been deported? And, you're now having a passport(from wherever) should change nothing in regard to your "deportee" status. The answer must be most definitely: NO!
    Not without a special permit. You should hire an attorney to assist you with this special permit.