Can I visit my husband my husband with a visitors visa? 3 Answers as of June 06, 2011

I want to visit my husband in US. I’m a caregiver here in Canada, My husband filed the I-130 and it’s been a year we are waiting for the approval. Is any possibility that they will allow me to visit my husband with visitors visa?

In my view, not a chance. Especially if your husband is a USC. Every applicant for a US nonimmigrant visa is deemed to be an applicant for an immigrant visa. You have to convince the Consular Officer that you will not stay in the US with your husband if allowed in. I don't think you will be able to do it. But what do I know, if you feel you have a good case you can present to the C.O. then by all means schedule a visa appointment and see how you do. Good luck!
If you are Canadian, you do not need a visa to enter the US as a visitor. You should be prepared to explain to the officer at the port-of-entry that you are being petitioned, but you intend to apply for the immigrant visa in Canada. Please call me to discuss this as it is a bit too complicated to discuss by email. Thank you.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
It is unlikely. You have a pending I-130 so it will be hard to show non-immigrant intent required for the B visa.