Can I use my ex spouses criminal records to gain sole custody? 1 Answers as of August 02, 2011

He was convicted of a dui and of domestic battery/bodily harm and battery/cause bodily harm they were all dropped from felonies to misdemeanors. He also has guns in the home with no foid card and the guns are within easy access to our minor children. Should I report this to the police? Will reporting this help me gain the custody that I am looking to obtain? He also has a history of gambling, throwing house parties, and drinking at bars until early morning hours.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Coyle Law Office
The Coyle Law Office | T. Andrew Coyle
If you believe crimes are being committed which place children in danger, you most certainly should report that to the police. This should also be included in any petition you file seeking custody of the minor children.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 8/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: