Can I use immigration to get debts back from my ex? 1 Answers as of December 29, 2010

My samesex ex partner, the last I heard was up for her permanent residency. I co-signed for her student loan. She is constantly late. I lost everything because when I had finished paying for her visa she walked on all debt and I lost everything through a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Can I sue her to force a garnishment to stop this or do I have to wait until she defaults? It is like a yoyo on my credit. I live in California and she lives in Ohio. Can I force her to pay with immigration, because she is not paying?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Sorry, this has nothing to do with immigration.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 12/29/2010
Click to View More Answers: