Can I turn the rent to own in on my chapter 13? 11 Answers as of August 27, 2015

I purchased a mattress from a rent to own place, and I am now in the process of filing bankrupt due to a lot of medical bills and loss of job.

You can keep it and continue to pay the contract, or you can reject the contract and they can repo the mattress. In addition, if you can agree with the rent to own place, you can renegotiate the contract and keep it with lower payments (after all, who wants a used mattress)?
Short answer, yes. Second answer..... You can keep it by paying the current fair market value of it which is most likely very little. For example in California a used mattress has no value because they can not legally be sold or even donated to Goodwill.
That would be a yes.
Deborah F Bowinski, Attorney & Counselor at Law | Debby Bowinski
Yes, but if you are really filing a chapter 13 bankruptcy case I cannot stress strongly enough how important it will be for you to have an experienced lawyer assisting you with your case. Chapter 13 cases are quite complicated, and it is extremely rare for a pro se debtor (someone without a lawyer) to get a chapter 13 plan confirmed.
Benson Law Firm
Benson Law Firm | David Benson
You may cancel any leases when you file bankruptcy.