Can I travel to Puerto Rico while my I539 is still pending? 2 Answers as of April 16, 2015

I am on B2 visa, multiple entry visa expires in June 2016. I applied for extension in mid-January and the application status online shows "Case Received". I would like to travel to Puerto Rico. Is it ok to take a domestic flight there?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
It sounds like you should since you have a pending case for an extension. But since PR is not contiguous to the 48 states, there may be an issue.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/16/2015
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
Yes, you can. PR is a part of the US.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/15/2015
Click to View More Answers: