Can I travel outside the US after having changed my visa status from R1 to M1 in the US? Posted on June 25, 2011

My husband and I are changing our visa status from an R1 visa to an M1 student visa here in the US. We were told that once we receive our new visa status and papers, traveling in and out of the country would be impossible. Is that correct? Would we need to go to an embassy in our home country if we would need to travel home in an emergency situation?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: