Can I travel back to the United States after being deported? 2 Answers as of June 11, 2013

Can I travel back to the United States after being deported for a felony conviction?

No, you cannot unless you are cleared by the authorities. Once you are removed from the US, you must apply for re-admission outside of the US at a consulate. USCIS likes for you to do it10 years after your removal, but you can always do that earlier providing you have a compelling I-212 waiver application. My fear for you is that more and more USCIS is interpreting the 10-year bar very literally, which in my view is a misapplication of the law(s) but that is neither here nor there in terms of your question. So, lawyer-up and begin strategizing about your return and let your lawyer know what that felony conviction was about. Good luck!
No.