Can I transfer my copyright? 2 Answers as of September 17, 2010

I hold several copyrights and am starting to think about estate planning. Can I transfer my copyrights to my children if I wanted to? How difficult is the process and will an attorney help?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
Yes, you can transfer copyrights. The details can be found here

It is not a difficult process; however, an attorney could help in drawing up the paperwork, and recording the transfer(s) with the copyright office.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 9/17/2010
Nelson & Lawless
Nelson & Lawless | Terry Nelson
Sure you can. Hire a good estate planning attorney to do it right, but he will probably need to get assistance from a patent/copyright attorney for the technical details.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/17/2010
Click to View More Answers: