Can I trade my car on another vehicle if I am in chapter 13? 10 Answers as of September 08, 2014

I just paid my last payment in my re payment schedule. I have a vehicle with no liens or loans on it. I will not be incurring any additional debt or taking out any loans in this transaction.

Yes, if you do not incur more debt and receive a vehicle of comparable value.
You can trade your car in once your plan is confirmed, because upon confirmation, ownership in your property returns to you. However, you cannot borrow money while your chapter 13 case is open until you obtain court approval to do so.
D.J. Rausa, Attorney at Law | D.J. Rausa
I do not see any issue with you trading your vehicle for another one.
EDWARD P RUSSELL | EDWARD P RUSSELL
You should be able to trade in a vehicle for a new one. You will probably have to get a letter from the Ch 13 Trustee stating that that office has no interest in the new vehicle. They should do that if you are current on your Ch 13 plan payments.
You need to notify the trustee and obtain his/her approval.
    I believe a trade is permissible since you are not incurring any new debt.
    If you made your last payment then you should be done with the chapter 13 and should be no problem getting another car.
    Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law
    Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law | Christiaan van Niekerk
    Yes you can but do you would need their permission from your chapter 13 trustee.
    Idaho Bankruptcy Law | Paul Ross
    This depends on whether or not you had property vested back to you as part of the confirmation order. Review this with your attorney before you do it. Your car may be property of the estate still and you may need a court/trustee permission to do what you want. If you are not incurring debt, the trustee may inquire as to where you have this extra money sitting around and may move to have it turned over to have it sent to creditors rather than paid for a car. Check with your attorney, may open a Pandora's Box by not waiting until your bankruptcy is closed to make this purchase.
    Goldsmith & Guymon | Marjorie Guymon
    Yes. You may.