Can I tell if my social security disability claim was approved or denied? 7 Answers as of January 10, 2013

I appealed my social security disability denial in September 2012. When I called to check the status of my claim in December 2012, I was told that I would receive a payment or a notice by January 16, 2013. Does this sound like an approval or a denial of my case?

KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
I would wait for the notice. It will either be notification of approval or a denial of the claim.
Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
It sounds like it can go either way. After January 16th, I would call the worker at the Disability Determination Bureau handling your claim. Good luck.
Steven Miller | Steven Miller
No clue. Just wait for the Jan 16th date and you will see.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
RE: When I called to check the status of my claim in December. It sounds like they have not yet made a decision. RE: I was told that I would receive a payment or a notice by January 16, 2013.It is not yet Jan 16. You should keep waiting, likely for about 2 weeks thereafter. If the decision is unfavorable, I suggest you get an attorney that handles SS cases. I do not.
Roe Law Firm
Roe Law Firm | Theodore M. Roe
This means that you will receive notice of approval or denial on or about Jan. 16, 2013.
    Ken Love Law | Kenneth Love
    There is no way to tell, it seems you will get more information on the 16th...it could go either way. It sounds like this was your first appeal...most people don't get approved until their hearing after their 2nd appeal.
    It sounds like you won't know until January 16, 2013.