Can I talk with the prosecutor before I take my ticket to trial? 5 Answers as of June 23, 2014

I recently received a speeding ticket. I am thinking about fighting it, but before I proceed, if I fight it, can I go and talk with the prosecutor before the trial/hearing and see if he will settle with me. I would be happy to pay it if that meant no point on license and no increase in insurance rates. Thanks.

Yes this is normal. If you had an attorney then they would talk with the prosecutor first to see if something can be worked out.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
The back of the ticket should state how you want to proceed. Only the police officer writing the ticket can dismiss it, not the prosecutor. Do not know what type traffic ticket you are referring to. If a citation, look on back of it.
I would suggest an attorney to at least counsel with your prior to you speaking with, and possibly making admissions to the prosecutor. Depending on your past record such "plea bargains" are possible and common. The reason to pay the attorney is to hopefully avoid the later, and much greater, effect on your insurability or premiums. That said, there are no guarantees.
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman | Ezra Goldman
You should request a formal hearing. That will accomplish exactly this.
Torni Gaudenzi Law, PLLC
Torni Gaudenzi Law, PLLC | Tracy Torni Gaudenzi
In Michigan, if you request a Formal hearing, then you will have the opportunity to meet with the prosecutor. If you request an informal hearing, then you will meet with the officer first, and then proceed from there.