Can I take over petitioning for my kids is my husband and I divorced? Posted on June 23, 2011

I got divorced last year from my husband, who is the petitioner for my 2 kids (IR-2). The petition got approved when we were still married. Can I be the one to follow up the papers and complete missing documents that the NVC needs? If not, how can I add myself as a petitioner or an agent since I am the one who paid and followed up the papers anyway? If not, do I have to reapply for my kids and can I do it even if I am only a permanent resident ?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: