Can I take our son to the doctor without my ex's express consent? 1 Answers as of August 21, 2017

We have joint custody. Speech concerns for our pre schooler have been brought up by his daycare and his preschool teachers, along with by his pediatrician last year. My ex told me that if school called me to ask me a question and not him that I am violating his custodial rights. If I take our son to his pediatrician to see if she wants to give a referral to a speech therapist, can I? I've emailed my ex my concerns about our child in regards to this, and he is refusing to respond.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Why not send him a certified letter, return receipt requested, or else an email (with return receipt if possible on your program) notifying him of the appointment? Most MSA's and divorce decrees require notifying the other spouse having joint custody about non-emergency health care appointments in advance. And whether it is required or not, it is a good thing to do.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 8/21/2017
Click to View More Answers: