Can I take my ex-husband back to court after being divorced for 4 or 5 years? 1 Answers as of November 04, 2016

I have recently found out that my ex-husband did not file taxes for 5 years before, during and after our divorce, so his income would not show how much he truly earns. I know he let the house also fall into disrepair so that the taxes showed at a less value. He drug out our divorce until I no longer had my attorney due to money. I am on SSI. He works. I got nothing for my home. I got 10 years of spousal support, and some of his retirement and the amount left in the 401K, which totaled $7000. My spousal support is going to drop from $750 a month to only $500 next March. My SSI is only $900 a month. In 5 or 6 years will be it until I can draw against the retirement that I also got, and that is another year from now, if I read it correctly. I found out he received $50,000 in back taxes from filing a year or so ago and is only just now getting one of the last installment payments from the IRS. How is that fair? Allowing the house to fall into disrepair and not filing taxes made both his income less, and less equity in the home. I just took what they offered. I had no attorney, but they had convinced the judge it was me who drug it out, and I did not want to argue with the judge. He would not give me an extension to see if I could get my attorney back or possibly another attorney. All I could do was cry as the ex's attorney questioned him in the witness box. When the judge asked if I wanted to question him, I didn’t have a clue on what to say or do. It seems to me that I should be able to make right. He lied in court and receive something for my home, or more spousal support. I am 51 years old tomorrow, have lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis. I really doubt a new career is in my horizon. Our children are grown ups. The youngest turned 18 years old this summer. I know a little more on the legalities of that subject than I do on the spousal support issue, or his lying.

Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
It is too late to relitigate the divorce including support etc. Since the IRS isn't going after you for taxes left unpaid during the marriage, you have no issue. Everything else is post divorce and therefore you have no right to it and he has no responsibility toward you with regard to maintaining the house etc. You need to seek other ways of supporting yourself. Nothing more can come from the divorce. marriagelit