Can I take my ex wife to small claims court if she does not pay her share of child support? Posted on August 11, 2011

I have primary custody of my son, however based on how many visitation days and my ex-wife's low income I am having to pay child support. I also have all the regular bills for him, including the out-of-pocket medical bills (i.e. deductibles, co-insurance). I typically pay the co-pays without bringing it up, but I have recently had to pay $500 for dental work. I sent a bill to his mother and asked that she pay the percentage the state had determined to be her amount of responsibility of care for our son (based on the child support worksheet). I thought this was very fair, however she refuses to pay. Can I take her to small claims court to pay, and what are the chances I can make her help?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: