Can I take legal recourse against my dentist in Illinois after he pulled the wrong tooth? 5 Answers as of February 21, 2011

My dentist admitted that he pulled the wrong tooth from my mouth, even though he had the right x-ray and information. He was wrong and apologized. Can I sue him for this if it happened in Naperville?

Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Cary J. Wintroub
Yes. Your damages are the lost of presumably a good tooth.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C. | David Scriven-Young
You might have a claim for malpractice against the dentist. You should contact an attorney to determine your rights.
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Sheldon J. Aberman
Absolutely.
Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
You may have a case, based upon the information that you have supplied. We would be happy to provide you with a free consultation if you call my office at either of the numbers listed below. If my office accepts your case, there is no fee charged unless we are able to obtain a settlement for you.

Thank you for your email, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Allegretti & Associates
Allegretti & Associates | James L. Allegretti
Yes, you can. The damages are not great for one tooth. You might consider having him pay for an implant to replace the missing tooth instead of filing suit.