Can I take legal action to give my grandmother legal custody? 1 Answers as of April 08, 2011

I have lived with my grandmother before but recently I moved back in with my mother to help with the household. Things are escalating here and Im going to move back to my grandmothers without her permission. I'm 17 years old what legal action can my mother take?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of L. Paul Zahn
Law Office of L. Paul Zahn | Paul Zahn
You are not an adult, so you cannot chose where you live. That said, must courts will not force you to live with your parent at this age. If your mother is willing to allow your grandmother to take responsibility, then they can set up a guardianship for you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: