Can I take a dealership to small claims court for misinformation? Posted on January 16, 2011

I am in the process of returning a leased Audi. I knew that I would need to buy new tires because the tread was worn out on the old ones. My fiance called the dealership to ask if OEM tires are required, or if there are any other requirements for replacement tires. They told her that any tire that fits the car was fine. I didn't think that sounded right so I called back to confirm. The parts department gave me the same answer. I shopped around for tires and then before purchasing, called the Audi dealership a third time to confirm the specific tire I was about to buy. Now the inspector and dealership manager are trying to tell me that the new tires I just spent $700 on, are not acceptable replacements. I do not know the name of the parts employee who gave me the misinformation. If they refuse to accept responsibility, can I take them to small claims court?