Can I take care of probation outside of the United States? 3 Answers as of December 30, 2010

I was deported from the US. I have one felony bench warrant I am on probation for. Can I finish probation while not allowed back in US? I am very painfully aware that being deported and a felony are 2 separate issues. Things that have been said to me are-fight deportation, write Governor for clearing charges. I am not going to fight deportation. I do NOT have 2 felonies. I crossed over twice and in addition I have a felony 4 drugs in my car-so-I am not allowed back to the US. Another lawyer said the US drops probation when you are not allowed back. Is that true? Who would I contact for setting up probation payments under my circumstance. Please do not say call probation officer-this is beyond what they deal with.

The only thing I can say is that a deportation from the United States because of a felony crime is a permanent bar to ever obtaining an immigration benefit. Even if you were to obtain a pardon from the governor of your former state based upon complete innocence, you have a further problem in violating 8 U.S.C. sec. 212a (A)(1)(C), recrossing the border illegally after having been deported. That itself constitutes an offense that makes for a bar of at least 10 years before you can apply for legal residency. And if the deportation is also for the removal for a second offense, that is a 20 year ban. You can only waive that bar if you can show that extreme and extraordinary hardship exists to a member of your immediate family (spouse, minor child, parent, adult dependent child), and you have to gain permission to even apply for a waiver of inadmissibility. Unfortunately, the chances of such success are slim.
If you have any special conditions such as drug screens or meeting with the probation officer then you cannot successfully complete probation outside of the USA. Therefore your probation will be violated. But the US government may drop probation since you cannot complete this program.

Mail any payments to the probation office.
You should contact a criminal lawyer for this question.