Can I take an action against a local driving school who never want to give the complete refund out of canceled lessons? 4 Answers as of October 17, 2013

I want to take some sort of action against a local driving school for incomplete lessons. I originally signed on for the school's 10 hour package which cost $400. This package included free pick up and drop off as well as private instruction. The driver was late for our first lesson. He apologized and told me we would make for it later. The next day he was 45 minutes late. I asked him were we going make up for the loss time. He told me that he would add it on to the following lessons because he had another student to pickup. I agreed. We had one remaining lesson left on Saturday, but he had to reschedule due to an emergency. No one contacted me. I had to email them on Monday and remind them about the canceled lesson as well as the 45 minutes. They gave me some new assigned times. When he came to make up for the canceled lesson he was eighteen minutes late. I had a conversation with him and let him know I wanted my money back for the canceled lessons and the loss time. They only agreed to refund $75. They charged me a late cancellation fee for $35 because I told him I didn't want continue once he arrived. I feel I am entitled to at least $120 for the lesson he canceled late and the other loss time. They have yet to refund me any money. I don't know if I should take this to small claims court or just file a credit dispute. What should I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC
The Law Office of Darren Aronow, PC | Darren Aronow
If you want your money back then you should file in small claims.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 10/17/2013
Law Office of Richard Winkler | Richard Winkler
It sounds like you want $45 more than they are willing to give you. The amount in controversy is so small that you should reconsider whether the aggravation is worth it. That is what you should do.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 10/17/2013
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
Disputing the charge is easier, although whether this constitutes a "billing error" is open to question. If your bank refuses to credit you the money you have no choice other than small claims court, which may not be worth it for the amount involved.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 10/17/2013
Kevin H Pate
Kevin H Pate | Kevin H Pate
If you wish to pursue this, small claims court would be a decent route for you to use.
Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
Replied: 10/17/2013
Click to View More Answers: