Can I sue a towing company for wrongfully towing my car and breaking my transmission? 6 Answers as of May 08, 2013

I was involved in a minor car accident last year; the towing company that towed my vehicle to the body shop wrongfully towed my card and burned my transmission meaning I had to get a new transmission. The towing company did not want to admit fault, so I had to use my insurance to get a new transmission. It’s been a year since the event and my insurance has been going through subrogation with no result. Should I consider hiring a lawyer and file a suit against the towing company? I would like to get my deductible compensated. Please help!

Law Office of Darin Kanfer | Darin J. Kanfer
Depending on how much you are "out of pocket", it may not pay to sue the towing company. You could try making a criminal complaint with the attorney general and see if they will prosecute. Also, you could make at complaint with the BBB. This won't get you your money likely, but at least it's something.
Retaining an attorney will more than eat up your deductible. Let your insurance company take care of the matter. They can sue on your behalf.
You can sue.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
Lol. The cost of a lawyer would exceed your deductible. You are lucky that your insurer accepted your claim. How can you prove wrongful towing? You should possibly ask a lawyer to look at the details but this sounds like a petty claim.
Conway Law Pllc.
Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway
That is what small claims court is for.
    I would suggest you let your company insurance company continue the subrogation action, making it absolutely clear that you wish reimbursement of any deductible which should be improper to following caused.