Can I sue them for fraud or not? Small court or what court? 8 Answers as of June 23, 2013

I bought some accessories for my new car from a big dealership. And they did commit fraud. They charged us an item supposed to go free with my car for $ 190 + 6% tax = $ 201.4. They did refund us this amount but I am so mad. Can I sue them for fraud or not? Small court or what court? What fees I have to pay? And what are the benefits I can get if I sue them? Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Alexis Plunkett
Law Office of Alexis Plunkett | Alexis Plunkett
They refunded your money this matter is over.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 6/23/2013
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
Forget about it. The cost of filing suit will be about 100 dollars, and there is absolutely NO guarantee you will win anything, so just let your friends and acquaintances know of your experience. This will hurt the dealership more than trying to sue for anything, which you won't get anyway, as they repaid you already.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/22/2013
Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
Let it go.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 6/22/2013
Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
You can attempt to report them to the police, but otherwise you have no claim against them.
Answer Applies to: Minnesota
Replied: 6/21/2013
TAMBASCO & ASSOCIATES, P.C. Attorneys at Law | R. Tambasco
You can but fraud must plead with particularity. You must be prepared with evidence to support the allegation.
Answer Applies to: Indiana
Replied: 6/22/2013
    Barton Barton & Plotkin
    Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
    If they provided a refund you have no legal claim. But you can report then to the state attorney general office and the better business bureau.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 6/22/2013
    Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
    You have no case.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 6/21/2013
    Law Office of Jacob R. Lauser
    Law Office of Jacob R. Lauser | Jacob R. Lauser
    If they already refunded the amount, then you have no real damages to claim in court. Fraud is not just a mistake, you have to prove that they did it intentionally and there were no excuses. It would be very hard to claim fraud on the facts as you presented them.
    Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
    Replied: 6/21/2013
Click to View More Answers: