Can I sue them for everything they got for trying to cover the accident up and medical bills? 7 Answers as of February 26, 2013

I had a slip and fall accident in my apartment complex. The maintenance was cleaning the 3rd floor from an oil spill but he decided to throw all water soap and oil down the side of the building piling up on the first floor. I was doing laundry walked by slipped and fell injury my elbow and shoulder, within minutes they tried to clean the mess before paramedics came but I took pictures and reported it.

Law Office of Christian Menard
Law Office of Christian Menard | Christian Menard
I do not know what everything they got equates to in dollars and cents. That said, the fact that you have pictures is your evidence of the negligence. You can go ahead and sue them using your pictures as evidence that they created a dangerous condition. I would sue the apartment owners and the individual who actually created the oil puddle that you fell in. Also, if you have the clothes you were wearing at the time of your fall, keep them, as they, too, are part of your evidence of the substance that you slipped on.
Law Office of Christian F. Paul
Law Office of Christian F. Paul | Christian F. Paul
If you have photos of the dangerous condition, you have some proof of what caused your injury. Go see a personal injury attorney with all your evidence and medical bills and I'm sure he or she will say that your evidence can be helpful to you in establishing your case. If the defendants deny creating the dangerous condition, your photos will make them look like liars, and neither judges nor juries like liars at trial. Good luck to you.
Law Offices of Mark West
Law Offices of Mark West | Mark West
If you can prove that is what occurred, i.e. that they negligently let the water, soap and oil pile up without posting warnings about it, and that caused you to fall, you would be entitled to make a claim for your medical bills and pain and suffering.
Yes, you can sue; anyone can sue anyone. The real question is whether or not you'll be successful. By their nature, slip and fall cases are problematic, but if your injuries are substantial I'm sure you can find an attorney who will be interested in helping you.
WEISSMAN LAW FIRM
WEISSMAN LAW FIRM | I.Donald Weissman
A landlord has a duty under California law to try to keep the premises safe for tenants and visitors. If a problem occurs the landlord should repair or clean the area as soon as possible to avoid injury to someone else. Once the event occurs, however, the facts are frozen. The negligence leading to the accident and injury is what matters. The "cover up" would only be an issue or come into play should the landlord deny your accident occurred or that the oil accumulation was caused by people hired by the landlord. Your photographs will be of value to shoe the condition at the time of your fall. The landlord is responsible for the negligence of workers on the premises at the landlord's request or invitation. California law allows for compensation for medical expenses, loss of earnings and for emotional distress. If this is everything they got or not depends on the nature and extent of the injury, treatment and recovery.
    Law Offices of Stanley S. Lopata
    Law Offices of Stanley S. Lopata | Stan Lopata
    You have the right to sue the building owners for your injuries, your loss of income and your pain and suffering. The fact that they cleaned up the mess has nothing to do with your claim as if they had not cleaned and a second person fell they would have even greater responsibility. You must contact a lawyer immediately to have your rights explained to you. Any personal injury attorney (and this office) will be happy to discuss your situation without cost (until your get compensation for your injuries)
    Law Office of Malosack Berjis
    Law Office of Malosack Berjis | Malosack Berjis
    Yes based on the limited facts that you have provided, you can very likely pursue a claim against their insurance company for your medical bills and pain and suffering.