Can I sue the state if I was forced into a guilty plea? 1 Answers as of July 07, 2011

I was charged with a DV assault that I did not commit. I was held in jail against my will until I plead guilty. Can I sue the state for this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fitzpatrick, Mariano, & Santos, PC
Fitzpatrick, Mariano, & Santos, PC | Raymond J. Savoy
A state has immunity against lawsuits and can be sued in only a few circumstances. At a sentencing hearing, the judge usually ask if you made the pleas of your own free will. If you answered yes, it will be difficult to show you were coerced by the state.
Answer Applies to: Connecticut
Replied: 7/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: