Can I sue someone who, ran a credit check on me and was telling people what’s on there? 15 Answers as of June 12, 2013

The Lucky Law Firm, PLC
The Lucky Law Firm, PLC | Robert Morrison Lucky
Did you give this person permission to run your credit? If you did not, then there are some severe privacy violations here. If you did, then it is not likely you gave this person permission to discuss it with anyone else. You may wish to contact you local DA or the Attorney General's office to find out what your next move would be.
Law Office of Melvin Franke | Melvin Franke
Lombardi Law Firm
Lombardi Law Firm | Steve Lombardi
Answer Applies to: Iowa
I suppose you can. What is your damage other than hurt feelings folks have the notion that if someone makes a mistake or does something wrong they can enjoy a trip to the ban k. doesn't work that way. You have to show damages, real damages.
Douglas M. Philpott, P.C. | Peter J. Philpott
Yes if you did not give authorization.
    Hirsch, Closson, McMillan & Schroeder, APLC
    Hirsch, Closson, McMillan & Schroeder, APLC | Paul Schroeder
    Possibly there would be a claim for invasion of privacy, libel or slander. You might also be able to get an injunction to get them to stop. However, I would need to know more facts in order to provide a more definitive answer. Also, have you been harmed by this?
    R. D. Kelly Law Firm, P.L.L.C.
    R. D. Kelly Law Firm, P.L.L.C. | Robert Kelly
    There are causes of action for invasion of privacy and public disclosure of private information.
    Frank Law Group, P.C.
    Frank Law Group, P.C. | Brett E. Rosenthal
    In a word, yes because that is a violation to your right to privacy unless you executed something that provided that person the right to disseminate the information in your credit report.