Can I sue someone in small claims for money he owes me? 5 Answers as of June 14, 2013

I live in Michigan. A guy owes me money or labor that he keeps putting off. Can I sue him in small claims for it? He doesn't have a job and is married, can I sue him and his wife for the money?

You can sue the guy, because he owes you money. You sue in District Court in the city where he lives, or in the city where you entered into the agreement. His wife probably has nothing to do with it. If he owes you more than the limit of Small Claims Court, you probably should get a collection attorney to handle the claim. The lawyer will probably take 50% of the money, but getting something is a lot better than getting nothing.
James M. Osak, P.C.
James M. Osak, P.C. | James M. Osak
1) YES. 2) You cannot sue the wife for something the guy (husband) did to you.
You can sue in small claims and if you get a judgment, you then have pursue to collect.
Koning & Jilek, P.C.
Koning & Jilek, P.C. | Jonathan Neal Jilek