Can I sue a school for not letting me go to the nurse? 1 Answers as of March 02, 2016

I have been sick for almost 4 months with something called IBS and it gives been very very bad abdominal pain. My teacher knew this. I had missed a few days of school and I approached her and said "I am having a really bad IBS flare up. Can I go rest in the nurse's office, I have a doctors note?", she continued by saying "You have missed a good amount of school and need to work on this assignment. Please go back to your seat." Then, I was given a 3 hour extension to a project that others were given a few days to do. If this continues, should I take legal action?

Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
The short answer is no. If it turns out that you require special considerations for your situation, called "special accommodations" under the ADA, your physician can and should write an appropriate letter.