Can I sue a police officer for ignoring a request for medical attention which has caused complications? 1 Answers as of July 07, 2011

What rights do my husband and I have for suing an officer due to neglecting my husbands request for immediate medical attention? Which had ended up causing the both of us medical complications.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
Very difficult lawsuit to win. You have to show that had he complied with the request immediately that someone would have been there to help within a specific length of time and could have prevented what happened had they been there. Also have to show he deliberately ignored request without a good reason. Not a case many attorneys would want to take.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: