Can I sue the police department if I was never read Miranda rights and spent 6 days in jail? 6 Answers as of January 28, 2014

Two years ago, possibly three, I was arrested for Harassment (IV?) after giving a statement. I got into a physical fight with my father who was trying to force prescription anti depressants down my throat. The police arrived and I gave a statement after which I was arrested. I was held in lieu of $1000 cash bail and the following morning I was transferred to the county jail, where I spent the next 6 days hearing only once from an incompetent public defender who failed to document the cuts and bruises covering my body. After 6 days, (in which I was assaulted once while in the county jail) I went back to court and was granted leave with a stay away order of protection. I had brought the matter of Miranda up in court and I believe the judge said "That is something to be addressed at another time". In the end, I accepted an ACD and the files were expunged after 6 months. At the time I was either 15 or 16, now 18 and I am wondering if any sort of lawsuit could be established against the police department or the courts. This entire experience has caused me trouble with people I knew at the time, was quite overly aggressive and dealt with very poorly.

Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Riana Durrett
Miranda rights protect people from police compelling them to make statements while in police custody. From the facts you provided, it doesn't appear that the police obtained an in-custody statement from you that they then used for improper purposes.
Contact a civil attorney in your area as soon as possible that specializes in 1983 cases. Even if you had a claim, the statute of limitations may have already tolled. Contact an attorney as soon as possible.
No. Although an officer should read you your Miranda rights when you are arrested, it is not absolutely necessary as long as you are not questioned about the crime for which you were arrested or were detained during the questioning. Miranda only acts to suppress any statements you gave the police after you are arrested or detained. It does not invalidate an arrest.
Miranda only has to be read if there is post-arrest interrogation. Most cops are trained to get everything they need out of your mouth "prior" to cuffing you, so Miranda rarely applies.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Not just for that. Besides the statute of limitations has run.
    Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
    Based on the information you provided, no. Although you should feel free to discuss this with other attorneys.