Can I sue over having to work in a hostile environment? Posted on May 25, 2011

I have worked at my job for 5 years now. My company has fired 2 of my bosses over that time. The last time they fired my boss I applied for the position. One of the reasons they gave me for not getting the position was my age. The hired someone only a couple of years older then I am. His boss told me that if I had any problems in at the job that I think needs addressed that I could call him and he would handle it. After months of putting up with other associates coming to me over issues with him and having my own issues with him I contacted the boss that hired him in. Instead of handling the situation he told my boss that I had called him and I got yelled at. I went to my boss's boss out of confidentiality and instead got yelled at. They only asked one other associate if they had an issue (they were one that went to me) and she lied about everything and said she didn't have an issue. Can I sue over having to work in a hostile environment cause this has happened multiple times?