Can I sue or at least be compensated for medical charges after I fell in my senior citizens income based apartment parking lot? 2 Answers as of February 15, 2017

Two days prior to the fall, it snowed several inches. Salt was spread at that time. Temperatures fell and ice developed which caused my fall. I was seen at an Urgent Care facility and after x-rays of my head, chest and CT scans also of my head, learned no broken bones were found. Injuries included cut on forehead, swollen black eye and bruised rib.

Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
Have you notified the owner of the parking lot about your fall, and have they responded to you?
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
In Illinois, it is nearly impossible to overcome the statutory exemption that property owners enjoy when injuries result from "a natural accumulation of ice and snow." Even if you did, on your facts, you have no permanent injury which means a nuisance recovery. You say that you are a senior citizen so you have Medicare and you live in subsidized housing, so you qualify for Medicaid. What expense are you looking to recoup?