Can I sue my union for not paying me while I was out on disability? Posted on July 29, 2011

I've been out on leave for 6 weeks now and I have yet to receive a check. I put my disability papers in before I went out on leave in June. They claim they didn't receive my papers until July 8. Yet I still don't see a check and whenever I call my union I get the run around or the check is in the mail excuse. The check has been in the mail since July 19-20. How long does it take for a check to get from point A to point B? i have bills that are pileing up as well as going late on my bills. There needs to be someone healed accountable for this that they cannot working people like this. Every week they make sure they get their union dues off the top. Now when a union member goes out sick they have to wait til they feel like paying them.