Can I sue my psychiatrist for not informing me about the withdrawal of the drug I was prescribed? 1 Answers as of October 20, 2014

A psychiatrist prescribed 6 mg of alprazolam per day for over a year to combat my acute anxiety disorder without detailing the pain and suffering that would result from the eventual need to withdraw from the drug. I continue to see the same psychologist now as I did during this treatment and he thinks it was terrible to do that to me. I suffered horribly for many months.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
I don't know anything about the injury you say you had but if you can find a psychiatrist (not a psychologist) who says this is malpractice you may have a case. you have to prove malpractice and you have to prove real damage.
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 10/20/2014
Click to View More Answers: