Can I sue my neighbor after my dog was attacked by our neighbors? Posted on February 17, 2011

My wife had our 3 month old puppy in our front yard on a leash. Our neighbors 2 Pit Bulls had gotten out and in a second they attacked and killed our dog. The owner said that he was willing to pay for all expenses including replacing the cost of the puppy. If now he decides not to pay and I have to go to court, what can I sue him for? Just the expenses for the Vet. Bills due to the attack? (about 750.00) Can I sue for the cost of the dog and all the Vet. bills that we have encountered in the past 2 months? (about 350.00) And what about mental anguish? This has been very traumatic on the whole family! If he wants to play hard ball, what all can I go for? We hope to be able to settle this between neighbors. But I need to know what my options are. Thanks for all your help and advise, dog less.