Can I sue my landlord if I'm not on the lease? 7 Answers as of January 28, 2013

My landlords been arrested for burglary (moved out my property), forgery, and forcible entry. My brother is my roommate and he signs the lease, my name is on their only as a tenant, I did not sign it. Can I sue her for what she's done?

You do not have to be on the lease to be able to sue for damage to your property.
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
Yes, you should be able to sue the landlord for stealing your property.
Law Offices of Sandeep G. Agarwal
Law Offices of Sandeep G. Agarwal | Sandeep G. Agarwal
So, if your name is on the lease as a tenant, is your name on the lease or not. Regardless, does the landlord know you live there. It might be easier if both you and your brother sue the landlord. That way, if for some reason, you get kicked out of the lawsuit, lawsuit can still go forward because your brother is on there.
Law Offices of Mark West
Law Offices of Mark West | Mark West
From the minimum facts presented, it sounds as if you could sue the landlord for taking your property (conversion) at least.
Reade & Associates
Reade & Associates | R. Christopher Reade
If any person has wrongfully taken or detained your personal property, you have a claim for conversion (tenancy or not).