Can I sue my friend for broken promises? 4 Answers as of August 01, 2013

I’m a single mother with no job; I need to know if I can sue this person for broken promises. I had my car repossessed recently and I had a friend that was taking me to and from work. A friend offered to pay my bills to avoid me being late to work. I gave her $300. I recently found out later that she only paid $100 for my gas and electric, $200 is missing. I also gave her another $500 for her car. I didn't get any car and she stated that she used the money and now it has totaled to $700. What do I do? I don't have any money and I don't know what to do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Stephens Gourley & Bywater | David A. Stephens
You can sue your friend, probably in small claims court.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 8/1/2013
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
You can sue her for diverting the money you gave her for a refund.. and get a refund of the $600.. the $100 went to your utilities and was used for your benefit.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/1/2013
Kevin H Pate
Kevin H Pate | Kevin H Pate
If you can prove you gave over the funds, you could sue her in small claims court. It is a separate question if you collect should you prevail. It sounds like your friend is someone who may have few resources of her own.
Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
Replied: 8/1/2013
Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
I suggest that you sue in small claims court.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 8/1/2013
Click to View More Answers: